Wednesday, December 28, 2005

The Vanishing act ... Make my whites whiter

I recently bought my wife a new washing machine. Its top of the line with fuzzy all and nano technology to clean up your clothes and make them whiter. This blog is not to debate that. The salesman assured me , that with this new machine, you could wish stains good bye and it made my whites whiter.

interesting I thought as I fished for my credit card.

Then we went shopping for the appropriate washing powder. We zeroed in on one that had all the right credentials. It too promised to eliminate stains and make my whites whiter.

Interesting I said .. now I cannot be wrong. I had two products that would get all my whites whiter. What more could I ask for ? I had redundancy built into my washing process so that i got my clothes clean and white.

As I rested on my laurels, i came across an advertisement .. VANISH it said. I was curious as to what this pink product did ? It cleaned clothes and removed stains. It was an additive to the washing process and promised to make my clothes whiter .. touche ! so my whites were not really all that white after all !

so i lay down and bowed to the genius of marketing.

and then there is the story of Fair and Handsome fairness cream for macho hunks .. real cream for real men .. that is another story for another time ..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home