Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Rock On !

I finally got around to watching the movie "Rock On" yesterday. Last time I had had to to make a choice between watching this particular movie and "Hell Boy II" , obviously Hell Boy had won. :-)

So after much ado about how I did not agree with the whole concept of mid life crisis and much cajoling by my wife (who had watched it in the theater without me), I slipped in the DVD.

I was hooked to it from the first frame. I think its an outstanding movie. Simple story line, no villains, just life as we experience it. The one thing that really struck me was the ease with which the subject of ego has been handled. There are no bad people, no malicious intents by anybody but still the sword of fate deals a blow which sets the course of the movie. The music is superb. There are a few cliched scenes but these you can live with.

After I finished watching the movie, I took my bike (wife's scooter really !) and went out for a ride at midnight. I just wanted the whole feeling of the movie sink in. It left me in a very positive frame of mind and enriched my thinking. Kudos to the team who made the movie. I would rate this one very high in my personal list. And now my dream of taking a bike and driving it to Leh is alive again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home