Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Today I stopped being a supporter of the BJP

They say one event that can change you for a lifetime. For me that tipping point came after I read about the attack on women having lunch at a pub in Mangalore. As I watched on TV, visuals of women being assaulted and dragged on the street .. made my blood boil. More than a single event it was a culmination of a series of event over the last one year. These self obsessed, having not a single fiber of "Morality" in them, goons in the guise of activists, were out trying to restore the culture of our great country. The Moral Police. What gives them the right ? At a time when we are celebrating the favorable change in America, we get saddled with these morons.

The media has coined this as the "Talibanization" of India. Scenes from the novel, The Kite Runner, flash before my eyes. There can nothing worse than this. Apparently the culture these "sainiks" were trying to save involves molesting and beating women.

Citizens of free India, we have your task cut out. All these self styled moral policing must go. Be it the MNS, Bhajrang Dal, Rama Sene : their pitiful existence is the result of failed administration. Its the result of ruling by exclusion. Its the result of years of neglect.

Sad day that we have to put up with this. This could not have been done without the knowledge of the government machinery. And today I read that the arrested goondas have already gotten bail. And today the BJP lost my vote.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home